The Center for Health Equity works with key stakeholders across Georgetown University, Georgetown University Medical Center Georgetown Law Center, and MedStar Health to create education, training, faculty development, scholarships, and research mentorship and community engagement practicum experiences with longitudinal community partners.
The Center’s charge from Dr. Healton and President DeGioia is to create a Health Equity Scholars program for existing students, and a Health Equity Fellows program for area health professionals, community members, and health system partners committed to careers advancing health equity. The center has established an Advisory Committee with monthly working meetings.
- Providing scholarships for students committed to advancing health equity
- Providing longitudinal community-partnerships and community-based participatory approaches
- Providing education, training and faculty development in health equity
- Providing mentorship in research, education, and community engagement
- HOYA Clinic Navigator Programs
- AHEC Primary Care Leadership Track
- AHEC Summer Research Scholars Program
- AHEC SOM/SON Primary Care Mentorship Program AHEC SOM/SON Tuition Scholarship Program
- SON Primary Care Scholars Program
- New DC Health Equity Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship